Sunday, April 11, 2010

How do I cleanly remove ruby 1.8.7 from Centos 5

SkyHi @ Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hi, can someone tell me how I can cleanly remove my
ruby version 1.8.7? I installed it by download the source and perform a
make.



Thank you.



Yong


=========================================================================

You shouldn't install software this way.

Removing software which was installed like this may be dangerous:



  1. unpack the same ruby to /tmp
  2. run:


    ./configure --prefix=/tmp/somedir    # by default prefix points to /usr/local
make
make install # this will install ruby in /usr/local instead of where you've installed it
cd /tmp/somedir
find . -type f -exec rm -i /usr/local{} \; # Use without -i if you are shure
find . -type d -exec rm -ir /usr/local{} \;


I hope this will help you


REFERENCE

http://serverfault.com/questions/82343/how-do-i-cleanly-remove-ruby-1-8-7-from-centos-5