Wednesday, May 18, 2011

FreeNAS 8.0 SAMBA/CIFS user accounts

SkyHi @ Wednesday, May 18, 2011
I have some troubles to configure samba user accounts and user authentication. First of all let me show what have I done already:

I made new dataset for samba share:

Image

I made new user samba with group samba:

Image

I gave user samba all permissions and ownership to dataset:

Image

I configured cifs service with local user authentication:

Image

I configured new samba share:

Image

Enabled CIFS/SMB service.

Mounting share from another linux box:

Code: Select all
smbclient -U samba '\\server\samba' samba1


and got:

Domain=[server] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.5.6]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED


Also tried:
Code: Select all
mount //server/samba /mnt -o username=samba,password=samba1


and got:

13880: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed


In samba log file I found:

[2011/05/03 13:28:40.016645, 2] smbd/service.c:587(create_connection_server_info)
guest user (from session setup) not permitted to access this share (samba)
[2011/05/03 13:28:40.016699, 1] smbd/service.c:678(make_connection_snum)
create_connection_server_info failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED


What have I missed?? All I whant to achieve is that only user samba can mount and access share samba.

This is samba share section from smb.conf:
[samba]
path = /mnt/storage/samba
printable = no
veto files = /.snap/
comment = samba share
writeable = yes
browseable = no
inherit permissions = no
valid users = samba  ##Windows prompt for authentication

REFERENCES
http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/freenas/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=10813&sid=26a3368dcd0cb44a3a33da39b19fe474