Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Error: The requested address “/” was not found on this server – CakePHP Error

SkyHi @ Wednesday, January 20, 2010

This morning when I uploaded my site to live I came across one of those cryptic CakePHP messages Error: The requested address “/” was not found on this serverwhich I thought I’d blog about just as a note to self.  I knew I had access to everything and my Auth setup was copied from DEV where it was working so I went through my normal routine for identifying the problem.

In my case it turned out to be a number of issues (a missing file and a missing database table) but the process to identify and therefore fix the problem is:

  1. Make sure you set up your DATABASE_CONFIG is setup correctly (database.php)
  2. Check that your tmp folder (and all of it’s sub folders) are writable (at least chmod 666 on Linux),
  3. While you’re there delete all cache files from allof the tmp sub folders

 After that, if you’re still having “Error: The requested address “/” was not found on this server” then you’re likely to be missing a database table or an include file, so go into your core.php and set:

1.Configure::write('debug', 2);

This should reveal any remaining issues.


Reference: http://www.honk.com.au/index.php/2009/10/26/error-the-requested-address-was-not-found-on-this-server-cakephp-error/