Sunday, January 17, 2010

Windows 7: How to remove lock icon over my folder

SkyHi @ Sunday, January 17, 2010


Windows 7 build 7127 x64
 
 

How to remove lock icon over my folder

Hi,

I am trying to figure how to remove the lock icon over some of my folders.



It appear if I share one of my folder with the Homegroup and unshare it later. I think it is because when I share it with my homegroup, the Everyone/Cooperation (I'm not sure to use the good word, I'm using the french version) option disapear and I can't add it anymore.

By default :

Click this bar to view the full image.


Once shared and unshared : (can't add Everyone - Cooperation, which cause I presume the lock on the folder)

Click this bar to view the full image.



My only option is to share it again with the Homegroup or with Everyone with Read instead of Cooperation. I don't want this folder to be shared anymore. Does anyone have a clue?

Pom

My System SpecsSystem Spec
05-06-2009   #2 (permalink)


Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM
Somewhere on the 3rd rock from the sun.
 
 


You'll have to change the permissions to allow every body full access to the folder again - but that can be tricky, as the HomeGroup is also there, and as long as that user is there it may not let you add everybody with full permissions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05-06-2009   #3 (permalink)


Windows 7 build 7127 x64
 
 


It is working, I don't know what "Everyone/Read" exactly mean though. The other computer on the Homegroup can't read it, it is what I want but I found the process confusing.


Reference: http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/8729-how-remove-lock-icon-over-my-folder.html