Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ubuntu .screenrc

SkyHi @ Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I presented earlier today at the Utah Open Source Conference and briefly demoed some of the use cases for screen. During the presentation I had a number of requests for my .screenrc file, so I thought I would attach it here. If you use screen for any reason you might find this useful.

Download

## general tweaks
vbell off
autodetach on
startup_message off
defscrollback 1000
attrcolor b ".I"
termcap xterm 'Co#256:AB=\E[48;5;%dm:AF=\E[38;5;%dm'
defbce "on"
#term screen-256color


## apps I want to auto-launch
#screen -t irssi irssi
#screen -t mutt mutt

## statusline, customized. (should be one-line)
hardstatus alwayslastline '%{gk}[ %{G}%H %{g}][%= %{wk}%?%-Lw%?%{=b kR}[%{W}%n%f %t%?(%u)%?%{=b kR}]%{= kw}%?%+Lw%?%?%= %{g}][%{Y}%l%{g}]%{=b C}[ %D %m/%d %C%a ]%{W}'

Reference: http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2009/10/09/screenrc/