Lets face it, unless you have a photographic memory, no developer can remember all the different functions, options, tags, etc. that exist. Documentation can be cumbersome at times, thats why I like cheat sheets. They are quick references that feature the most commonly forgotten things on a specific topic. You can print them out and hang them on your wall, or just keep them handy in your bookmarks for quick reference.
I have rounded up over 30 cheatsheets that developers might find useful.
Web Development Cheat Sheets
Databases / SQL Cheat Sheets
Language Cheat Sheets
Version Control Cheat Sheets
Commercially Printed CheatSheets
- TechnoChallenged - web dev, programming, os, software
Am I missing any good ones? Feel free to post any others in the comments.
- Perl - thanks Dom.
- Regex - thanks bjhanifin
- Perl - thanks Derek
- Subversion - nice reference card, thanks Andreas
- Debian - thanks again Andreas
- UML - Andreas again, thanks
- PostgreSQL - thanks for the suggestion frank.
- XHTML / HTML
Need Help With SQL?
- CFSCRIPT Cheatsheet - May 5, 2008
- ColdFusion on the TIOBE index - March 18, 2006
- Cheat Sheet for PostgreSQL - September 7, 2005
- Calculating Distance in Miles from Latitude and Longitude - January 18, 2007
- Uploading Files Like GMail Attachments - October 6, 2006