Resolving the sending and receiving of duplicate e-mails problem in Outlook
A common problem with the Outlook Express is that people receive two copies of the same e-mail in their Outlook mailbox. Also, sometimes people end up sending duplicate e-mails from their Outlook mailbox. This can become a real pain after a point of time. This article tells you how you can deal with this issue.
Although there are no straight-cut solutions to this issue, here are a few possible workarounds that will take care of the problem.
How to stop duplicate e-mails from entering your inbox
- A primary cause of duplicate messages is that you have enabled the Leave a copy of messages on the server option.
- Go to Tools -> E-mail Accounts in the Outlook Express main window.
- Select the View or change existing e-mail accounts, and click on Next.
- Select your account, after which click on Change.
- Select the More Settings option.
- Go to the Advanced tab, and deselect the option for Leave a copy of messages on the server.
- Click OK.
- If the above steps do not fix the problem, then try the following:
- Check the Task Manager to see if there are two outlook processes running, as this could also cause duplication of messages.
- Try deleting and then remapping all of your e-mail accounts.
- Make sure that you have the latest updates/version for Windows.
How to stop sending duplicate e-mails from your Outlook mailbox
The only reason, which might cause Outlook Express to send duplicate e-mails, is that your antivirus suite is configured to check every e-mail that is sent from your mailbox. This will cause Outlook’s sending process to be interrupted in between. Thus, it will resend the mail after it has passed virus screening – resulting in a duplicate copy of the same mail being sent.