Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Solution for 504 Gateway Time-out when installing magento

SkyHi @ Tuesday, November 01, 2011
Have you tried installing magento and then its suddenly stop and display 504 Gateway Time-out on your screen? Last day my task was to install magento on my client's server and this problem occured.
I've googled this to solve my problem but unfortunately, I found nothing, maybe because this problem wasn't often to happen. So I've tried to solve it by myself and guess what? I've successfully installed the magento on my client's host!

Its just a simple trick, here's what I did.
  1. Delete all the tables created by magento in your database first;
  2. then install magento on the server where this problem will not occur, probably in your localhost server (I've install it in my localhost)
  3. then after the successful installation in your server. go to your phpmyadmin and export the tables created by the magento installation
  4. and then the last part is importing those tables to your server(the one who had a problem)

================== UPDATE ==================
After doing the steps above, probably your wondering why you are redirected to your localhost... Here's the missing step.
open the core_config_data table and change the value of web/unsecure/base_url and web/secure/base_url into your site address the only different is in secure/base_url its should be https


Now try to view your site... you will see your magento site is up and ready!

NOTE: I don't use SSL on the configuration file.


REFERENCES