Tuesday, August 18, 2009

GNU screen

SkyHi @ Tuesday, August 18, 2009
# fix scrollback in putty (edit: and for Mac Terminal)

termcapinfo xterm* ti@:te@


I’ve searched very long for a solution of my problem. Don’t know if it works in putty, because it works very fine, but I got a new MacBook and the “Terminal” won’t show me the scrollback. The scrollbar is not there and the only method to scroll back is with the key command C-a [ but this is not nice for everyday usage.

As I said this works for me with the MacOSX Leopard “Terminal” but not with iTerm.

Thanks a lot!!!


[root@home root]# cat .screenrc
hardstatus alwayslastline
hardstatus string '%{= kG}[ %{G}%H %{g}][%= %{=kw}%?%-Lw%?%{r}(%{W}%n*%f%t%?(%u)%?%{r})%{w}%?%+Lw%?%?%= %{g}][%{B}%Y-%m-%d %{W}%c %{g}]'
# Default screens
defscrollback 10000
termcapinfo xterm* ti@:te@
screen -t home 0
#screen -t web 1
#screen -t database 2
#screen -t ftp 3


Reference: http://www.samsarin.com/blog/2007/03/11/gnu-screen-working-with-the-scrollback-buffer/