1. Open the Control Panel (Classic View).
2. Click on the Networking and Sharing Center icon.
3. Click on Manage network connections in the upper left corner.
4. Right click on the Network Connection you want to share the Public folder with, and click on Properties.
5. Click on Continue in the UAC prompt.
6. Check File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks and click on OK. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: This is checked by default. This must be checked to be able to turn on file sharing in STEP TWO below.
|Turn File Sharing On or Off|
1. Open the Control Panel (Classic view).A) Click on the Network and Sharing Center icon.OR
B) Go to step 3.
2. Right click on the taskbar Network system tray icon.A) Click on Network and Sharing Center.3. Click on the down arrow to the right of File sharing to expand it. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: With file sharing on, all people on your network will have access to the files and printers that you have set to Share on your computer.A) Select (dot) Turn on file sharing. (See screenshot below step 7)5. To Turn Off File Sharing -
B) Go to step 6.
NOTE: With file sharing off, all people on your network will not be able to access the files and printers that you have set to Share on your computer.A) Select (dot) Turn off file sharing. (See screenshot below step 7)6. Click on the Apply button.
7. If prompted, click on Continue in the UAC prompt.
|Enable Simple File Sharing|
1. For how, see: How to Enable Simple File Sharing in VistaThat's it,